Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: 114 Pound Rattlesnake

  1. #21
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 114 Pound Rattlesnake

    that is the western diamond back....what about the timber rattler, they are more indigenous around here right?
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 114 Pound Rattlesnake

    I killed a Timber Rattler in Appalachia a few years ago. It was 52" and had 11 rattles.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,914
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 114 Pound Rattlesnake

    what do you want to know about them exactly? yes there are more timber ratlers around here. I have only seen rattlesnakes up on the strip jobs.
    Cant we all just get along?

  4. #24
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 114 Pound Rattlesnake

    your basic stuff....age, length, if one 8 ft will come across my yard and eat my dog.....
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  5. #25
    Inactive Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,914
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 114 Pound Rattlesnake

    More than likely no. they are an endangered species in Virginia and many other states. females dont mature til about 8-12 years so its hard for them to recover. females breed about every 4-5 years. and they only breed about 3 times in a lifetime. They usually stay in dens and dont come around much. so whoever posted that they killed one, please delete it, i wouldnt want somebody to go to jail for killing an endangered species. usually 9 out of 15000 people die a year from snakebites. so before everyone goes around chopping off their heads. think about it. if you have kids, yeah. i dont blame you. I know its hard to understand a species but shew it kind of bothers me as an outdoor lover to see the ignorance that people have for snakes and spiders and heck everything else people are scared to death of. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Cant we all just get along?

  6. #26
    Inactive Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,914
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 114 Pound Rattlesnake

    Cant we all just get along?

  7. #27
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 114 Pound Rattlesnake

    I would like to say I have never killed a snake nor would I want the opportunity to do so....I have a healthy respect for spiders...don't want them in my home due to health reasons...my nephew was just in the hospital over what they suspect as a spider bite (he is a 19 months old) soooo with that being said I don't hunt stuff to kill it, but I don't want it protecting itself too close to my home know what I am saying
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  8. #28
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 114 Pound Rattlesnake

    I wasn't hunting the rattler I killed. We just happened upon each other and I beat him to the draw.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  9. #29
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 114 Pound Rattlesnake

    The pic I posted is the same pic that is in KY. It did come from West VA and weighs a little over 50 pounds. Looks like some folks from KY got ahold of the pic and claims they caught it. I found this on another site I visit from a guy from Letcher Co. KY. Here is the link. http://kyhunter.proboards11.com/inde...698&page=1 Some say it is a hoax all together and I also heard it is in the Cinn. Zoo. One post says the pic is close to 15 years old. Only time will tell I guess.

  10. #30
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 114 Pound Rattlesnake

    I hear they release timber rattlers every year up on High Knob.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •